Thursday, December 1, 2011

Teaching Advanced Photoshop


I have been using Photoshop daily since 1994. As a photo professor for William Paterson University I have been asking myself the question: "How do I teach advanced Photoshop to motivated students?"
I have to realize that the majority of photo students will have ADD and relate more to visual input rather than those written or spoken.
Therefore, I have decided to give my students a few difficult projects that we will do in class. I hope that the massive end goals will be the carrot that will keep them focused and learning.
To that end I offer one of my own projects that I will share with the kids. This one is Grand Central Station. The original image is filled with activity. The second has had all life removed using Photoshop. Hey - If I can do it so can they!

No comments:

Post a Comment